Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cincinnati

This weekend my mom and I headed to Cincinnati (my place of birth!) for a day of shopping. We spent the entire day laughing at each other, and found some great finds for my house and kitchen. With the closing on my house 3 days away, I have been packing, organizing and on the hunt for some great deals on household items.

Our first stop in Cincy town was Ikea. I hate to admit this, but I have never been, and was excited to experience the spirit of Sweden! Anyways, we arrived in style and spent over 3 hours in the store. I normally resemble a stampeding bull while I shop/peruse, but we took our time and managed to get out of there in under 3 hours!

Here are some of my finds...

Reversible Rug for Living Room:


Floor Lamp for Reading Room:


Cookbook Shelves for Kitchen:


Duvet Cover for Master Bedroom:


Vase for Master Bedroom:


I got a few other miscellaneous items, but I am happy to report that I got 10 items for $98. There is no way I would be able to get that many items for that price at any other place. I was very impressed!

Our next stop of the day was Jungle Jim's International Market. If you haven't figured out by now, I am a huge foodie. I love to cook food, eat food, and dream about food. I had heard about this grocery store in the past, but did not realize until I got there just how amazing it was. First of all, this place is about the size of 3 super targets. It is divided into sections such as sushi, cheese, meat, American groceries and groceries from over 10 countries. My mom is Australian and I have been brought up eating a variety of Australian dishes, so we were really excited to check out their selection. Australia has the BEST candy/chocolate and has so much more flavor than that of their counterparts. I only managed to spend $14 on candy from Australia, Germany and Mexico. I also got some wonderful items from their Asian, Italian and Middle Eastern aisles. After a quick sushi stop, we journeyed through the sections, and spent around 4 hours walking around. It was just AMAZING!

JJ's small selection of hot sauces...


Their webiste is http://junglejims.com/ so go check them out!

We had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to venture there again. We decided that our next weekend road trip would be Louisville, and we **may** consider bringing the boys. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment: