These past few weeks have been a whirlwind, and I find myself rarely at home, and always going to bed way too late. You only live once, right?! Here are few updates:
-It has been 1.5 months, and we still have not heard anything back regarding the short sale house. We did, however, find another house we are very interested in. This house is located in the same neighborhood as the short sale property, and we concluded that we would wait 2 more weeks, and then consider putting an offer on the other house.
-My mom's birthday was last week. On Sunday, I made a big fat Italian dinner for my parents, B & myself. The menu included:
Appetizers: Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets, Olives Imported from Italy
Entrees: Chicken Parmesan, Tomato Basil Pasta
Sides: Ceasar Salad, Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
Desserts: Raspberry Torte, Limone Biscotti
Everything turned out delicious, and I set up the table using Italian fabrics/products. It was a cuter version of this...
-I, along with my mom, will be visiting my dad's mother who lives in Pennsylvania the second week of October. We will be staying at my half-sister's (yes, that is a real word. she is my dad's daughter from his first marriage) house in Maryland. We are going up for a 4 day weekend, and we will be spending all day Saturday in New York. I am so excited to see my family, shop, & eat some delicious cuisine!
-My latest obsession in the world of food are food trucks. Food trucks are relatively new to Indy and to my knowledge, there are 12 trucks. Although they aren't always inexpensive, they serve up a variety of dishes and flavors, and are always made right to order. To date, I have tried 2 trucks, Scratch and West Coast Tacos. I have decided to do a reveiw of sorts, and will report back more after I attend the Food Truck Fest on October 7.
I ate at the Scratch truck a few weeks back. I had the spicy chicken cone and hand cut fries, with basil lemonade. I was impressed that the menu had such a variety of options such as a burger topped with arugala & gorgonzola cheese, a BLT with pancetta, and a pork meatball sandwich. The chicken cone was very good, but I felt it could have used some more greens or rice, or something else besides chicken in a tortilla shell. The french fries were served piping hot, and the lemonade was very good, even if it was basil flavoring instead of fresh basil. All in all, I would give this truck a B+, and am definitely looking forward to trying more of their fresh creations.
A co-worker and I ate at West Coast Tacos yesterday afternoon. I settled on the sesame chicken burrito, and my friend got the pulled pork burrito. Overall, I was quite disappointed. Although I enjoyed the spicy flavor of the burrito, both of our burritos were very dry, and needed to be topped with a salsa or sour cream. I was also disappointed that there were so few options available. There were 4 different types of burritos, but they offered up no side dishes or interesting drink options. I had high hopes for this truck, but because of the well combined flavors, I would still give them a C+.

Well, that is all for now. Back to work I go! Stay tuned next week for some quick and healthy recipes!


No comments:
Post a Comment